JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Investigator/Testing Coordinator
The Intermountain Fair Housing Council, Inc. is seeking to hire an Investigator/Testing Coordinator for our office located in Boise, Idaho. The Council is a non-profit organization that promotes fair housing practices throughout Idaho. The Council’s Mission is to help individuals whom face discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and source of income. The Investigator/Testing Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering calls/investigating to determine whether there is fair housing issue,
- Preparing reasonable accommodations/modifications requests and HUD complaints,
- Negotiating on behalf of consumers and Intermountain Fair Housing Council,
- Organize and conduct tester trainings utilizing approved methodologies for testing for possible housing discrimination
- Coordinate tester schedules to ensure availability to complete assignments
- Develop and implement initiatives that engage and otherwise encourage tester retention
- Recruit and maintain a diverse pool of fair housing testers
- Investigate individual and systemic cases of housing discrimination and coordinate systemic, audit, and complaint-based tests
- Coordinate fair housing tests, debrief testers, maintain/evaluate test data, report results
- Maintain detailed records; prepare/present accurate/reliable summaries of findings
- Research property owners, tax records, etc. for further investigation, and
- Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum requirements are a Bachelor’s Degree or 2-5 years of social service, investigative, legal secretary/paralegal or case management experience. Salary $33,280.00 to $35,360.00 ($16.00 to $17.00) depending on experience for 40 hours a week. Upon hire and continued funding, other benefits such as vacation/sick leave, retirement, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. Benefits start 30 days after start date. Reimbursement for relocation is not available. Interested candidates should email resumes, a cover letter which includes a personal statement describing the applicant’s commitment to civil rights and commitment to the principles of non-discrimination, and a list of references by February 19, 2021, to (No Calls Please!):
Zoe Ann Olson
Intermountain Fair Housing Council, Inc.
4696 W. Overland Road, Suite 140
Boise, ID 83705
The Intermountain Fair Housing Council of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity Employer!