COVID-19 Resource Guide

Housing and Humanity: A Guide for Tenants and Fair Housing Providers in the Era of COVID-19

The work that provided the basis for this publication was supported by funding under a grant with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The substance and findings of the work are dedicated to the public. The author and publisher are solely responsible for the accuracy of the statements and interpretations contained in this publication. Such interpretations do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Government.

The Intermountain Fair Housing Council (IFHC) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to ensure open and inclusive housing for all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, a source of income, or disability. The IFHC attempts to eradicate discrimination through, education on the fair housing laws, housing information and referral, housing counseling, and assistance with mediating and or filing fair housing complaints, among other things. The IFHC also provides education and outreach on fair housing laws and practices to housing providers and others.

Intermountain Fair Housing Council (IFHC) is here to help renters and community members during the COVID-19 crisis and the impact of this public health emergency. IFHC and our fair housing partners would like to help community members as they are experiencing layoffs, reduced work hours and wages, and other impacts from this crisis. Many tenants have and will experience financial hardships–they will be unable to pay rent, pay utilities, access food, access healthcare, and access transportation.

IFHC encourages tenants and housing providers to talk about their needs and work with each other to find a mutually agreeable solution, to keep everybody housed while preserving credit and rental histories. For tenants, if you can meet your needs and pay rent, you should. For those in our community who cannot meet their needs and pay rent, we have compiled this guide full of resources and best practice tips. We hope this information can help you and your community to stay healthy and housed during this unprecedented time.

Download a PDF of the full guide here:
COVID-19 Resource Guide (English)
COVID-19 Resource Guide (Spanish)
COVID-19 Resource Guide (Swahili)

Assistance for American Families and Workers

The COVID-19 public health crisis and the resulting economic crisis have created a variety of challenges for families across the country and changed the way we all live and work. The Treasury Department provides critical assistance to individuals and their families, creating the opportunity to keep families safe and thriving, at work and at home. Find out more from the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Website here.

Emergency Rental Assistance

Even as the American economy continues its recovery from the devastating impact of the pandemic, millions of Americans face deep rental debt and fear evictions and the loss of basic housing security. COVID-19 has exacerbated an affordable housing crisis that predated the pandemic and that has exacerbated deep disparities that threaten the strength of an economic recovery that must work for everyone.

To meet this need, the Emergency Rental Assistance program makes funding available to government entities to assist households that are unable to pay rent or utilities.

Learn more about funding to state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments for emergency rental assistance on the U.S. Department of Treasury’s website here.

Apply for Emergency Rental Assistance
Idaho residents who need help paying for rent or utilities

If you or a renter you know has experienced financial hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic and cannot pay rent or utilities, short-term assistance may be available.

You will need to provide documentation of the following:

  • Utilities – Gather all past due bills to include, water, sewer/garbage, gas, electric, etc. (WIFI and satellite/cable are not eligible)
  • Provide a written statement about how the Covid-19 pandemic has affected the renter. i.e., loss of work, got Covid, quarantined, had to care for a family member, has a health condition that would be exacerbated if contracted Covid.
  • Provide Copies of all household income i.e., SSA/SSDI/SSI, VA, Employment, Unemployment, etc.
  • A copy of the full current lease agreement.
  • A copy of the Notice for Nonpayment/Eviction

If you do not have one or more of the items above, you can still apply. The organizations distributing the funds can help you identify other options if one or more of these items is not accessible to you.

Landlords and property managers can submit applications on behalf of tenants.

Ada County Residents

The Boise City & Ada County Housing Authorities (BCACHA) administers the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). This program is designed to aid Ada County renters facing financial hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are currently renting and your household has experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive emergency rent and/or utility assistance. Visit the Emergency Rental Assistance application on the Boise City & Ada County Housing Authority website here.

To qualify you must:

  • Be an Ada County resident
  • Have a current lease agreement
  • Meet income eligibility criteria
  • Have a documented loss of income due to COVID-19
  • Be at risk of homelessness or housing instability
  • You may not receive rent or utility assistance from any other source (including federal, state, and local assistance)

The maximum amount of assistance households can receive is dependent upon need and funding availability. If you have any questions about eligibility, or if you need assistance completing the application, please call (208) 363-9710 or email

All Other Residents – Outside of Ada County

Idaho Housing and Finance Association Emergency Rental Assistance Program is designed to aid Idaho Residents outside of Ada County facing financial hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IHFA)’s Online Application for Emergency Rental Assistance will provide the required documents that need to be submitted an application.


  • Unable to pay rent/utilities because of COVID- related circumstances
  • Idaho resident (excluding Ada County)
  • Income is % or less of Area Median Income
  • Owe past-due rent/utilities or unable to pay upcoming rent/utilities

The maximum amount of assistance households can receive is dependent upon need and funding availability. If you have any questions about eligibility, or if you need assistance completing the application, please call 1-855-452-080.

Economic Impact Payments

The Treasury Department, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) sent out three rounds of direct relief payments during the COVID-19 crisis: Starting in March 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act); The COVID-related Tax Relief Act of 2020, enacted in late December 2020; The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (American Rescue Plan), enacted in early March 2021.

Payments from the third round continue to be disbursed to Americans.

For more information, go to the Treasury Department’s website here.

Avoid Economic Impact Payment Scams – read more here.

Check The Status of Your Economic Impact Payment:

Unemployment Compensation

Across the nation, millions of Americans lost their jobs in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and, as a result, claimed unemployment benefits. The American Rescue Plan extended employment assistance, starting in March 2021.

In addition, the American Rescue Plan waives federal income taxes on the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits received in 2020 by individuals with adjusted gross incomes less than $150,000. The tax relief extends to both workers who received benefits through federal unemployment programs as well as those who received traditional benefits through their state unemployment insurance fund. This law will provide tax relief for Americans who lost their jobs and utilized unemployment benefits last year – allowing millions of workers to focus their benefits on covering essentials during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Learn more about unemployment compensation on the U.S. Department of Treasury website here.

Child Tax Credit

The American Rescue Plan increased the Child Tax Credit and expanded its coverage to better assist families who care for children.

The American Rescue Plan’s expansion of the Child Tax Credit will substantially reduce child poverty by (1) supplementing the earnings of families receiving the tax credit, and (2) making the credit available to a significant number of new families. Specifically, the Child Tax Credit has been revised in the following ways for 2021:

  • The credit amount has been increased. The American Rescue Plan increased the amount of the Child Tax Credit from $2,000 to $3,600 for qualifying children under age 6, and $3,000 for other qualifying children under age 18.
  • The credit is now fully refundable. By making the Child Tax Credit fully refundable, low- income households will be entitled to receive the full credit benefit, as significantly expanded and increased by the American Rescue Plan.
  • The credit’s scope has been expanded. The American Rescue Plan allowed 17-year-olds to qualify for the Child Tax Credit. Previously, only children 16 and younger qualified.
  • Eligible taxpayers will receive advance payments of half of their estimated 2021 Child Tax Credit amounts during 2021. This change will allow struggling families to receive financial assistance now, rather than waiting until the 2022 tax filing season to receive the Child Tax Credit benefit. The IRS and the Bureau of the Fiscal Service will make these advance payments to eligible taxpayers on a periodic basis from July through December 2021.

In addition, the American Rescue Plan has extended the full Child Tax Credit permanently to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Territories. For the first time, low-income families residing in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Territories will receive this vital financial assistance to better support their children’s development and health and educational attainment.

Learn more about unemployment compensation on the U.S. Department of Treasury website here.

If you cannot pay your rent

In these uncertain times, you may encounter that you’re struggling to make monthly rent payments. The first step is to talk to your housing provider and ask them to forgo the eviction and/or discuss a plan on how you both will address your inability to pay rent. You can ask for rent waiver/forgiveness and negotiate the terms of a payback with or without a contract provided by your landlord.

  • Get an agreement in writing and/or document the agreement.
  • If you AND your landlord are in Idaho, you can legally record the conversation via your phone or recording device as evidence supporting your agreement.

Housing providers play a large role in keeping people housed during the pandemic. Evictions are very expensive and time-consuming for both parties. Rather than a costly and emotionally taxing eviction process, try creating a payment plan. You still get your rent money, and your tenant gets to stay their home.

Jesse Tree of Idaho provides forms for both renters and housing providers to negotiate a payment plan on their website.

Deferral Agreements

A rent deferment agreement allows a tenant to defer rent payment for a specified period. Typically, the agreement defers only a portion of rent and the tenant must continue to make minimum payments. Keep in mind that under Idaho law if you owe rent and do not pay or you are being evicted, you may be evicted if an agreement is not reached. See legal resources at the end of this guide.

Some items to look at should your housing provider request or require a deferral agreement:

  • Are they requiring you or your co-tenants to have evidence of nonpayment? See above for tips.
  • Are they requiring you and or your co-tenants to have a cosigner or guarantor who must also meet certain criteria?
  • Are they asking you if you have Increased costs related to children and childcare? If so, they cannot discriminate against families with children.
  • If they are asking you if you have medical costs, this may be an inquiry into the nature of severity of a disability. If you have questions or concerns, contact the legal resources in this document.
  • If they are denying your request to forgo eviction, rent and or a deferral agreement because of lease violations, past due rent, litigation and or other dispute, and you need help, contact legal resources in this document.

Other potential concerns to consider related to any agreement and may warrant legal assistance and/or clarification:

  • The housing provider caps the monthly amount deferred or only defer a portion if the tenant is only partially affected.
  • The monthly repayment of rent is strict and does not allow payment over a reasonable period as a tenant can afford.
  • The monthly payments do not extend beyond the end of the current lease, and or may not allow new lease unless all back rent is paid.
  • Housing providers may require you to update the application, review your current application to make sure it is accurate, and or the like.

Navigating a Rental Deferment Qualification Program – Demonstrating financial impact

If your housing provider has a rent deferment qualification program, they might require you to demonstrate financial status due to the COVID-19 crisis by showing evidence of financial impact because of exposure to COVID-19, quarantine, loss of wages because of public health-related business closure or reduced services, etc. If the housing provider asks you to provide evidence or information you don’t understand or have questions about, put your questions in writing and or follow the self-advocacy information above. If you feel uncomfortable sharing information after clarification such as your disability, sensitive bank information, social security number, and or medical information, contact the legal resources in this guide for assistance.

If your housing provider asks you to forgo your federal relief money to stay current on rent and you cannot afford to do so because of COVID-19, need for food, medical care, and the like, let them know that you cannot do so and why. You do not need to state the nature of your medical care and or disability as that is private information. If your housing provider asks about your medical condition and or disability to qualify for rent forgiveness or deferment, it may violate the Fair Housing Act. Contact Intermountain Fair Housing Council for support.

Reasonable Accommodation Requests

Reasonable accommodations are an important tool to protect the housing rights of tenants with disabilities. Given the huge impact of pandemic on tenants across the country, advocates should consider utilizing these important protections to protect tenants with exposure to COVID-19.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined that people over the age of 65 and people with certain underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk of severe illness or complications from COVID-19. Because of this, the CDC and medical professionals have advised that individuals at higher risk should limit their exposure to other people. This impacts people’s ability to conduct daily life activities.

Many, if not all, of the underlying medical conditions that make people more vulnerable to serious COVID-19 related illnesses are considered disabilities under the Fair Housing Act. If a tenant with a disability needs a change to a landlord’s rules or policies to protect themselves from contracting COVID-19, they should be entitled to a reasonable accommodation. For example, a tenant that was scheduled to vacate their unit by a certain date could request additional time to remain in the unit, or a person could need modified guest policies to allow caregivers and persons bringing supplies to the individual.

COVID-19 may be considered a disability and thus, housing providers should consider granting reasonable accommodations related to COVID:

  • additional time to pay rent, find affordable, accessible housing
  • additional time for whatever is needed if the individual has COVID – an extension on time to find housing, an extension on eviction procedures, an accommodation in the manner rent is paid, etc.

If you need additional time to pay rent and or to move due to your disability, contact the Intermountain Fair Housing Council to begin a Reasonable Accommodation Request to request more time to move.

The Federal Fair Housing Act (FHA) is a federal law that prohibits discrimination in housing. One of the many protections of the FHA is the right of individuals with disabilities to request a reasonable accommodation in the rules, policies, practices, or services of a housing provider and requires housing providers to make “reasonable accommodations in rules, policies, practices, or services, when such accommodations may be necessary to afford such person equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling.”

The Act defines a person with a disability to include (1) individuals with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; (2) individuals who are regarded as having such an impairment; and (3) individuals with a record of such an impairment.

The term “physical or mental impairment” includes, but is not limited to, such diseases and conditions as orthopedic, visual, speech and hearing impairments, cerebral palsy, autism, epilepsy, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection, mental retardation, emotional illness, drug addiction (other than addiction caused by current, illegal use of a controlled substance) and alcoholism. The term “substantially limits” suggests that the limitation is “significant” or “to a large degree.” The term “major life activity” means those activities that are of central importance to daily life, such as seeing, hearing, walking, breathing, performing manual tasks, caring for oneself, learning, and speaking. This list of major life activities is not exhaustive

Whenever a person submits a request that a rule, policy, practice, or service be changed or modified in some way to afford a person with a disability an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling, such a request is a reasonable accommodation request.

The request:

  • Doesn’t have to be in writing, but it’s recommended
  • There is no specific HUD form
  • Should state that the person has a disability (doesn’t need to say which one)
  • Should state that the person needs the accommodation or modification because of their disability
  • Should state that the accommodation or modification is necessary to give them equal use of their housing

The person receiving a reasonable accommodation request may not maintain a blanket policy with regard to such requests. Instead, each reasonable accommodation request must be considered on a case-by-case basis to determine whether the granting of the request is necessary to afford the person with a disability who submitted the request equal opportunity to use and enjoy their dwelling.

A reasonable accommodation request can be denied if it is not “reasonable”. A reasonable accommodation request is not “reasonable” if it imposes a fundamental alteration in the nature of the program or an undue financial or administrative burden on the party to whom it is submitted. For more information on Reasonable Accommodation Requests, please see IFHC’s guide here.

The person considering a reasonable accommodation request may not require any specific forms or procedures to be used and may not require that the request be made in writing or at any specific time or place.

If the housing provider (or the person who receives a reasonable accommodation request) decides that the request will be denied, they must first engage in an interactive dialogue with the person who requested the accommodation to explore how an accommodation can be granted. A housing provider that engages in hostile or harassing actions while having an interactive dialogue with the tenant can be found to have not sufficiently engaged in the interactive process and the reasonable accommodation request can be deemed to have been denied. Furthermore, such conduct may be illegal retaliation in violation of the FHA.

If your housing provider is unwilling to engage in an interactive process to find an accommodation that will work, contact Intermountain Fair Housing Council.

For sample forms and more guidance on Requesting Reasonable Accommodations or Reasonable Modifications, check out our guide on the IFHC website.

COVID-19 Vaccine

Anyone age 12 or older can get vaccinated in Idaho. Thank you to everyone who chooses to protect our communities by getting the COVID-19 vaccine if they are able.

Use the Vaccine Finder to find more information about vaccine locations, the vaccine brands available, and walk-in or scheduling details.

Find a COVID-19 Mobile Vaccination Clinic near you. 
If you have a cell phone, you can text your zip code to 438829 (GETVAX) to have vaccine locations in your area pushed to you. For Spanish, text your zip code to 822862 (VACUNA). You can also contact the national call center at 1-800-232-0233. 

Talk to your regular healthcare provider. Find a list of providers in your area to schedule an appointment directly by visiting your local Health District website (see below).

What Type of Vaccine Will I Get?

If you have questions about which vaccine your vaccine provider has available, please talk to the provider. Below is the recommended age for each vaccine, at the time of the publishing of this guide:

  • Pfizer-BioNTech – 12 years and older
  • Moderna – 18 years and older
  • Johnson & Johnson – 18 years and older

What to Expect at Your Vaccination Appointment

  • You will receive a vaccination card that says which COVID-19 vaccine you were given as well as the date and location it was administered.
  • You should also receive a fact sheet with additional information about the COVID-19 vaccine you are getting. There are fact sheets for each COVID-19 vaccine with information about the risks and benefits of that vaccine.
  • Allow time to stay at the vaccination site for 15-30 minutes after getting vaccinated to make sure you don’t have a reaction that needs medical attention.

What to Expect After You Get Vaccinated

  • COVID-19 vaccines may cause mild to moderate reactions, including pain or swelling at the injection site, muscle pain, headaches, and mild to moderate fevers. These are normal signs the body is producing an immune response. You may report adverse events following vaccination at
  • It takes time to build protection and immunity after getting a vaccine. A person is considered immune two weeks after receiving the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
  • If the vaccine you’re getting requires two doses, you should get both doses unless a healthcare provider or doctor tells you not to.
  • If you have not received 2 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested. 
  • If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
  • Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.

Go to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare website here for more information on vaccines.

COVID-19 Vaccines Frequently Asked Questions

From Idaho State Independent Living Council

Were the COVID-19 vaccines rushed?

Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson did not rush the vaccine testing for safety. COVID-19 vaccines are new, but mRNA vaccines, like Pfizer and Moderna, are not.

They have been studied for years for other diseases like Zika, rabies, and in cancer research. The type of COVID-19 vaccine from Johnson & Johnson was created in the 1970’s and has been used to treat cancer, flu, HIV, and in research.

The vaccines were approved so fast because the FDA made it a priority.

Did many people test the vaccines first?

More than 70,000 people volunteered to test out the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and more than 40,000 tested Johnson & Johnson, helping to make sure the vaccines were safe.

Scientists and public health officials, not politicians, decided when the COVID-19 vaccine was safe, effective and ready for the public.

Do any of the vaccines have the COVID-19 virus in them?

No. None of the COVID-19 vaccines have the COVID-19 virus in them.

Can you get sick from the vaccine?

You may feel sick after you get vaccinated for COVID-19. You could have a sore arm, be tired, have a headache, fever or feel cold and you may feel sick to your stomach.

I already had COVID-19, do I need a COVID-19 shot?

Yes, you still need a COVID-19 shot. Getting the COVID-19 shot can protect you longer.

Does the COVID-19 vaccine change my DNA?

The vaccine does not change your DNA, it works with your body’s natural defense to help protect you from the virus.

I know people who had the COVID-19 vaccine and still got COVID-19.

No vaccine is 100% effective. If you get COVID-19, the chances of you getting really sick or dying are much, much lower. The vaccine does not prevent anyone from getting COVID-19 but it does help your body have the tools to fight it.

How do I know that the COVID-19 vaccine won’t hurt me in the future?

If there is going to be a problem (side effect) with a vaccine, it will usually be mild and will happen within the first three days after receiving the vaccine. Nearly all side effects will resolve within three days of beginning.

More questions? Call Central District Health Call Center at 208-321-2222 or Idaho State Independent Living Council 208-334-3800 or 800-487-4866 and they will help you to find the answers.

Resources on COVID-19 Vaccines

Johns Hopkins Medicine



Johnson & Johnson

Mayo Clinic

Center for Disease Control

Community Resources

Self-Rescue Manual – this one is mainly for Ada and Canyon County is in English & Spanish

Know Your Rights During COVID-19

Intermountain Fair Housing Council
Phone: 208-383-0695
Toll-Free: 1-800-717-0695

Idaho Legal Aid Services
Boise office: 208-746-7541

Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
Phone: 208-334-4500

Lawyer Referral Services
Phone: 208-334-4500

Jesse Tree
Phone: 208-383-9486

Tenant Support

See IFHC’s Guide to Organizing Tenant Associations: Organizing Tenant Associations

Contact Boise Renters United if you would like support or to plug in with ongoing tenant efforts in Idaho.

If you need additional time to move due to your disability, contact the Intermountain Fair Housing Council to begin a Reasonable Accommodation Request to request more time to move out.

Taking Care of Your Emotional Health – CDC

Text HOME to 741741 or click here for an anonymous conversation with a trained Crisis Counselor. This takes less than five minutes, remains anonymous. The Crisis Counselor will help you sort through your feelings by asking questions, empathizing, and actively listening.

Survivors of addiction are also facing a difficult time especially with this displacement, this may be helpful:

Access Point is a central location in each county where people can discuss in person or over the phone their housing crisis.

Call text or chat with our local 211 to speak with a community specialist that has a comprehensive list of services and resources for everyone.

If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline via text or call at 1-800-799-7233.

Comcast new customers free 60 days of Internet

Xfinity Free Wifi coverage (see hotspot map here)

Indigenous Community Resources

Nez Perce Tribal Housing Authority​

The mission of the Nez Perce Tribal Housing Authority is to create opportunities to meet the housing needs of enrolled members of the Nez Perce Tribe by maximizing the utilization of available resources to ensure services are provided in an efficient, professional, economical, and timely manner; forming and enhancing partnerships between the NPTHA and tribal, state, local, and private entities; promoting self-sufficiency and improving the quality of life.

The Nez Perce Tribal Housing Authority has a rental assistance program for those affected by COVID-19, with preference for any enrolled Native Households, for renters in Lewiston, Clarkston, Pullman, Moscow, Grangeville, and Joseph,

Applicant eligibility requirements are:

  • Inability to pay rent/utilities due to COVID-19 related financial hardship
  • A household member must be enrolled in a federally recognized Tribe
  • Must reside within the 1855 Nez Perce Treaty boundaries
  • Have an income of 80% or less of the area median income

This application may be completed by a renter or by a housing or service provider acting on behalf of a renter seeking assistance. The information provided should reflect the household seeking assistance. An eligible household that lives in a federally subsidized residence (Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Public Housing, Etc.) may not receive assistance for any costs that have been or will be covered. The current funding source for this program will only cover eligible costs incurred prior to December 31, 2021.

You will need the following documents to complete this application:

  • Rental contract
  • Utilities
  • Household income
  • Covid eligibility

If you are missing any of these documents at the time of application, program staff will follow up with you to submit the required documents. If you need assistance with this application, you can call (208) 843-2229 from Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 430 pm Pacific Time, or email

Click here for the online application or contact NPTHA for the application package.

Fort Hall Housing Authority​

The mission of the Fort Hall Housing Authority is to “develop and manage affordable housing for the purpose of providing decent, safe, and sanitary housing for eligible tribal members and to create economic development opportunities that promote stability of the program and the social well-being of our community.”

COVID-19 Hotline: 208-238-5494


Youth* and Adult Vaccine Opportunities
(*Youth 12-17 can only receive Pfizer at this time)

  • $50 vaccine incentive at Not-tsoo Gah-nee IHS Clinic
    • (Vaccine card & Tribal ID/CIB required)

Not-tsoo Gah-Nee IHS Clinic
Walk-in clinic scheduled:
Monday-Wednesday, Friday 9-11 am, or Thursday 1:30-3:30 pm

Or call to schedule:
208-238-5435 (Community Health Nursing Program)
208-238-5427 (IHS Medical)

Fort Hall CommunityAll individuals 18+ frequenting Fort Hall Reservation

Shoshone-Bannock Community Health Center
Walk-in clinic schedule:
7 days/week from 2-7:45 pm
Or call to schedule: 208-478-3987


Not-tsoo Gah-Nee IHS Clinic 
Screening drive-thru Monday-Thursday 1-3:30 pm
COVID-19 exposure or symptoms:
Call to schedule 208-238-5494 Monday-Friday 8am5pm

Fort Hall Community All individuals frequenting Fort Hall Reservation

Shoshone-Bannock Community Health Center
7 days/week 1-7:45pm walk-in

Contact Tracing and Quarantine Services
Contact information: 208-478-3901
Hours M-F 8 am-5 pm

Food and Economic Resources

Elder Nutrition

Old Casino Drive-Thru Style Lunch
Monday-Friday 11:30am-12:30 pm
Contact: 208-478-3858 or 208-478-3715

Food Distribution
Old Casino Food Box: Monthly 3rd Thursday 3-6 pm
Contact: 208-478-3985

Food Pantry: Coming Soon
Contact: 208-478-3709/208-478-3861

477 Program Emergency Assistance
Assistance Application
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Contact: 208-478-3898

477 Program TANF/GA
Assistance Application
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Contact: 208-478-3861

Tribal Housing Opportunities Program
Credit/Budget Counseling, Foreclosure Prevention, and Loans
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Contact: 208-478-3936

Fort Hall Housing Authority
Rental Assistance and Housing
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Contact: 208-237-1174

Emergency Rental Assistance
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Contact: 208-251-3276/208-251-3222

Transportation Resources
Shoshone-Bannock Transportation
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Contact: 208-478-4069

Community Health Representatives
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm 
Medical priority transportation contact: 208-478-3967 or 208-478-3968

Download a PDF of the full guide here:
COVID-19 Resource Guide (English)
COVID-19 Resource Guide (Spanish)
COVID-19 Resource Guide (Swahili)