The Intermountain Fair Housing Council, Inc. is seeking an employee to hire an Investigator position to join our office located in Boise, Idaho. The Council is a non-profit organization that promotes fair housing practices for housing providers and consumers throughout Idaho. The Council’s Mission is to help individuals whom face discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and source of income.
The Council’s Investigator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering calls from the community regarding housing issues or concerns,
- Investigating to determine whether there is fair housing issue,
- Preparing requests for reasonable accommodations and modifications,
- Assisting with fair housing materials, writing complaints to HUD,
- Negotiating on behalf of clients and Intermountain Fair Housing Council,
- Writing letters, educational information, and other important communications,
- Providing outreach and education information to community members, and
- Other tasks needed by the Council.
Minimum requirements are a Bachelor’s Degree or 2-5 years of social service, investigative, legal secretary/paralegal, or case management experience. Salary $33,280.00 to $37,440.00($16.00 to $18.00) depending on experience for 40 hours a week. Upon hire and continued funding, other benefits such as vacation/sick leave. Employer matched retirement. Employer covers medical, dental, and vision coverage after 30 days. Dependents at your cost. Reimbursement for relocation is not available.
Interested candidates should email resumes, a cover letter which includes a personal statement describing the applicant’s commitment to civil rights and commitment to the principles of non-discrimination, and a list of references by April 20, 2022 to (No Calls Please!)
Zoe Ann Olson
Intermountain Fair Housing Council, Inc.
4696 W. Overland Road, Suite 140
Boise, ID 83705
Fax: (208) 383-0715
The Intermountain Fair Housing Council of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity Employer!